Star is a rapidly growing leader in the fields of strategy, design, and engineering. Over the last 10 years, our global teams have brought over 500 new products to market that are impacting the lives of over 500m users.
We’re looking for an execution-oriented Executive Director to lead our growth in the AdTech industry. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer you will be experienced with, and passionate about, supporting clients to transform them through strategy, design, and technology. You will be an up-to-date technology leader that can empathize with, and lead clients through the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations face. You should have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services. Ultimately, you should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet our clients’ needs and that leverage our unique value proposition. As well as being an insider into the AdTech industry, knows the key companies, and is connected to the VC environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services within the AdTech industry
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within the AdTech industry
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts, as well as having an existing network in the AdTech industry
- Experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming attitude and an empathetic and strategic mindset
- Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
- Balance of self-starter mentality and the ability to adhere to processes.
The AdTech Executive Director is expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Set and deliver on the commercial strategy for your territory/industry
- Facilitate a global team of AdTech experts that work to generate marketing content and set the direction for our global activities in the AdTech industry
- Own all AdTech deals in your sales territory
- Support salespeople outside your own territory to close deals by helping on deal strategy and ideation
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and networking
- Identify opportunities with existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and the Star team to determine requirements and specifications
- Build a unique customer value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with customers
- Manage existing customer relationships with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory by maintaining project profitability and customer satisfaction targets
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring there are high-potential clients in each stage of the funnel with a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals, and repeat customers
- Be a master of the competitive and technological landscape.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers, and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities