If you are an energetic, empathetic and execution-oriented professional who is industry-experienced and passionate about AdTech growth, this is a vacancy for you!
You will help Star stay ahead of the newest technology trends in the Adtech industry and raise them to the next level.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: Adtech Managing Director to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast who can empathize with the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations are facing in the software and hardware spaces. You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet their needs and leverage our unique value proposition.
The Managing Director at Star is expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Lead global AdTech growth for Star, with a primary focus on customer engagement and building the customer base;
- Facilitate a global team of Adtech experts that works to generate marketing content and set the direction for our global activities in the Adtech industry;
- Own all Adtech deals in your sales territory;
- Support sales people outside your territory to close deals by helping them on deal strategy and ideation;
- Create the new customer targeting strategy and execute on this plan while also closing and expanding new business globally;
- Develop and maintain a network of external partners who help in leading generation and content creation;
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, and networking;
- Identify opportunities with existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and the Star team to determine requirements and specifications;
- Build a unique customer value proposition for each client while also shaping and closing new projects with customers;
- Manage existing customer relationships with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory by maintaining project profitability and customer satisfaction targets;
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring there are high-potential clients in each stage of the funnel with a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals, and repeat customers;
- Be a master of the competitive and technological landscape.
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience. Your recent experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services within the Adtech industry;
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within the Adtech industry;
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts, as well as having an existing network in the Adtech industry;
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network;
- Experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming attitude and an empathetic and strategic mindset;
- Proven ability to consistently meet and overachieve sales targets;
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Experience in a hyper-growth company;
- Fast-paced, highly collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
- Familiarity with the “design thinking” discipline and approach of product innovation;
- Direct work relation with an Adtech company.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.