If you are a bold, strategy-savvy professional who takes pride in helping envision and deliver groundbreaking product and service experiences – read on!
You will help and realize the full potential of Star customers through technological innovation in design in the digital world—no matter who they may be.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: a Product Solutions Strategist who will take on a leading role in challenging and inspiring our AdTech/MarTech clients, while positioning Star to be their design-led technology innovation partner in the digital world. This role will be a key contributor to driving strategic growth at Star, by dramatically expanding our efforts to help our clients envision and deliver groundbreaking product-service experiences.
The Product Solutions Strategist will partner closely with the local Commercial Lead and Technology Director to identify and pursue strategic growth with new and existing clients.
You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with clients to understand their needs, identifying complex business challenges, utilizing design methodologies to facilitate strategic problem-solving, and designing innovative solutions that create a deep and tangible impact on their business challenges.
You will collaborate with design innovation and technology teams to support your initiatives and to define program approaches and work packages for new engagements.
As client opportunities turn into projects and programs, you will act as a subject-matter expert to the core project team’s efforts, and lead select research and strategy engagements. You will also partner with other Design and Product Strategists globally to share best practices, and advance our approach to exploring new business.
Our Design Strategists are some of our most prominent thought leaders, and you will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas, and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership, as well as help educate fellow team members globally on key trends.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, someone who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star. Charisma, ambition, and confidence are essential, while at the same time being humble, disarming, and a team player. We value pragmatism, creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
- Exploring opportunity areas holistically and defining insight-driven experience strategies that balance human desirability, technical feasibility, and business viability;
- Defining value propositions and business models that enable companies to extract the commercial value of industry-leading product and service experiences;
- Planning and facilitating workshops with clients to unearth underlying needs, understand opportunities, explore and ideate solutions, and create focus and alignment;
- Client-facing communication in business development contexts, from early exploratory discussions to final pitch presentations, and being comfortable in front of C-level audiences;
- Crafting compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative and are visually stunning;
- Contributing to refining and enhancing design and business development processes;
- Able to occasionally travel within Europe.
- 10+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, design/digital/branding/technology/strategy consultancy experience a must-have;
- Deep understanding of the AdTech and MarTech domain as well as Digital Transformation journeys;
- Mastery of tools and methodologies across design research, experience strategy, and business design;
- Planning and executing design research programs, and turning research data into meaningful insights;
- Excellent spoken and written English, German and other language skills would be a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equality, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.