We are looking for an Android Automotive Architect to join our team! In this position you will be responsible for:
- Building Star’s expertise in the Android infotainment space, providing technical leadership and defining the roadmap.
- You will participate hands-on as well as in a leading capacity in both customer and R&D projects.
- You will participate actively in pre-sales activities as an expert and handle the entire product development or a significant part of it. You will communicate with the customer, determine the product functionality, define the architecture and estimate the overall work.
- You will handle the entire product development process and work closely with the customer’s tech team. You will determine product functionality, define the architecture and estimate the scope of work. In addition, you will participate in internal knowledge-sharing meetings, external tech talks, and conferences as an attendee or speaker.
As an Android Automotive Architect, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead new projects
- Supervise a team
- Participate in the hiring process
- Act as Line Manager for junior engineers
- Participate in pre-sales activities
Qualifications & experience:
- At least 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with embedded software development
- Good programming knowledge of Java and familiarity with C/C++
- Experience with Android Automotive OS & working with the HAL
- Knowledge of low-level Java optimization techniques for Android
- Thorough understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity and optimization
- Solid knowledge of Android architecture, design patterns, understanding of refactoring techniques.
- Familiarity with AOSP and SoC systems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead initiatives and development activities
- Good written and spoken English, good communication skills
Good to have:
- Embedded Linux Development experience
- Experience in Android/Linux driver development
- Automotive Experience
- Experience with Android Wear & IoT devices
- Experience with Android Auto/Car Play
- Experience with Kotlin
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.