At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for an Android Engineer to join our team and create innovative, world-class products. You will handle the entire product development process a significant part of it, and work closely with the customer’s tech-team. You will determine product functionality, define the architecture, and estimate the scope of work. In addition, you will participate in internal knowledge-sharing meetings, external tech talks, and conferences as an attendee or speaker.
Qualifications & Experience
- Good knowledge of Java and Kotlin languages;
- 5+ years of experience in Android development;
- Knowledge of Unit, Functional and UI Testing frameworks (Espresso, JUnit);
- Good knowledge of Android IDE, tools and libraries;
- Good coding skills, knowledge of algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, networking;
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration practices;
- Knowledge in the latest trends in the mobile industry and platforms;
- Intermediate English.
- Knowledge of Android ecosystem – analytics, advertising, publishing, UI design concepts;
- Understanding of Android security practices;
- Personal applications in Google Play.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code;
- Perform code-reviews, collaborate with the engineering team to contribute in the product improvements;
- Build, evolve and support Android automation tools for stable and efficient automation execution. Integrate tests into the build pipelines, with a focus on continuous delivery;
- Collaborate with the team members and customer representatives.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.