Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The main challenge of the Professional Services Team is to develop new products, features and technology requested by our clients to fulfil their needs and leverage our data platform MT LINK. You will be involved in the end-to-end process: from the initial project inception to the successful release of the products or features. At Moneytree, our mission is to unleash the power of data by providing the tools & capabilities needed, by reducing or removing barriers, and by delivering meaningful value today. Our technology is used by major banks, accounting software companies and fintech
companies in Japan. Key clients include Mizuho, SMBC, and Mitsubishi UFJ Nicos.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ year experience developing mobile apps commercially or equivalent experience;
- Experience and proficiency with Kotlin;
- Experience with reactive programming with Kotlin;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and providers such as CircleCI or similar;
- Solid understanding of mobile architectures/design patterns;
- Solid understanding of the core principles of Kotlin and modern Android programming;
- Expertise with offline storage (Room, Realm, or similar), threading, and networking;
- Expertise in building complex layouts and UI on Android;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services;
- Expertise writing unit tests and testable code;
- Interest in learning and working in a cross-functional way. Previous experience with iOS - Swift and Ruby is a plus;
- Experience collaborating on cross-functional project teams with design and all stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work independently and drive for results.
- Plan and implement solutions to business challenges, working directly with core engineering and product management;
- Develop features, maintain and improve existing applications to support our clients.
- Create tooling and automation to make our team more efficient.
- Deliver finished work integrated with the existing infrastructure with test coverage and documentation necessary to achieve high quality;
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle implementing features and addressing issues;
- Have wide scope of responsibility and lots of flexibility in selecting the appropriate technical solutions to business challenges and opportunities;
- Actively and constantly communicate with all team members by means of pair programming or collaborating in engaging technical discussions, both written (chat) and verbal (videoconference).
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.