Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is an innovative company that builds software and payment solutions for businesses of all types. Their platform offers end-to-end digital solutions that make running and growing a business easy. The platform includes the following services: advanced reporting system, online appointment booking, loyalty program management, customer information capturing tools, customer review tracking, website creation, companion mobile app, online ordering for restaurants, payroll processing, and more.
Qualifications & experience:
- 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance (web applications);
- Understanding of SCRUM processes;
- Understanding of testing principles, methodologies and techniques;
- Experience with requirements validation;
- Understanding of the way Web works – client-server architecture;
- Practical skills with SQL;
- Experience Linux/Unix-based systems, CLI;
- Experience with version control system (Git);
- Understanding of CI/CD, test environments schemes;
- Experience in delivery process improvement;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English.
- Experience as a contact person for QA-related matters;
- Experience in mobile automation will be a plus;
- A computer science degree or similar.
As an Automation QA Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the quality of various web and mobile products. Day to day work would include:
- Maintaining test and QA procedures on projects;
- Ensuring the product quality daily;
- Contributing to the API/UI automation frameworks;
- Driving exploratory testing;
- Authoring test plans and test cases for the product;
- Product requirement analysis and processing;
- Gathering QA/test metrics and reporting to QA Leads, as well as the client;
- Being a part of the Agile delivery team;
- Working closely with development, design and product management teams to coordinate efforts;
- Taking part in continuous process improvement and giving process recommendations;
- Possible client communication and customer support.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.