Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a platform that unites a combination of comprehensive security and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools, including traditional mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), and mobile content management (MCM) capabilities. Our client's product is an intelligent gateway that provides secure tunnelling and access control to protect data-in-motion for the mobile enterprise. We are looking for a strong individual contributor to join our client's team as a test engineer. The candidate needs to lead and own a significant portion of the testing system-level functionality and work in an Agile QA environment.
Qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years of experience with Java based Automation Testing;
- Hands-on Java coding, with an understanding of object-oriented design and testing patterns;
- Experience in automation tools: Appium, Selenium, TestNG/jUnit;
- Experience in mobile debugging tools: ADB, xCode;
- Understanding of CI concepts, configuration and maintenance jobs;
- Understanding of Git workflow;
- Work experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting;
- Able to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment across multiple Infrastructure and application groups providing constructive feedback, inputs, and direction;
- Upper-Intermediate level of English.
- Bash scripting experience;
- Experience in software performance testing for enterprise applications;
- General network security experience.
- Perform load, stress and reliability tests (mobile UI);
- Work with development teams through the design and early test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements and to improve upon new and existing features (where applicable);
- Create performance use cases, scenarios and performance test plan creation;
- Analyze test results and troubleshoot product issues with the developer to identify the root cause and a solution;
- Work and collaborate with remote teams to resolve any blocking issues/deliverables;
- Interact with cross-functional groups including peer QA engineering teams, product managers, and customer support;
- Understand the sprint and work in an Agile team.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.