If you are a bold, outgoing, and empathetic professional who is experienced with and passionate about building long-lasting customer relationships – read on!
You will develop client relationships to better understand their business objectives and needs and grow Star’s business volume through value-adding.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: a Customer Success Director who is experienced in product design and development processes and is able to translate technical aspects into business language. You should have experience uncovering new customer business needs and tracking changes in existing ones while helping our clients achieve their desired outcomes.
You will work inside the commercial team around the East Coast, reporting to the Managing Director, and you will contribute to and benefit from our global Automotive & Mobility industry group.
As a Customer Success Director at Star, you have and develop client relationships to understand their business objectives and needs better:
- Leverage developing client relationship knowledge to align our delivery to customers’ desired outcomes and identify new opportunities;
- The ability to target and grow new strategic client relationships from the ground up where you build and grow key client stakeholders relationships;
- Create the strategy for engagement retention and growth for each client from your portfolio. Execute this plan with the project leadership team and occasional involvement of executive sponsors;
- Exploit new opportunities and lead sales activities from scoping to contract signature and kick-off;
- Appropriately manage customer expectations and feedback in the client’s native language and across seniority levels;
- Conduct Business Reviews with customers including reviewing engagement milestones and key metrics, analyzing challenges, making recommendations, aligning on the roadmap, and collating feedback. Action the improvement plan prior to the next reporting period;
- Maintain project profitability targets, oversee billing, and control fixed price contract budgets;
- Strike a balance between being the customer and the team’s advocate by steering complex account situations towards win-win resolutions;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and upwardly trending NPS;
- Mobilize successful customers to drive testimonials, case studies, and referrals.
- Experience working with customers within the Automotive & Mobility industry, understanding the unique challenges and pain points and how to solve them using strategy, design, and technology solutions;
- Software delivery experience in Project, Program, Delivery, Product Management, QA or Engineering Leadership roles;
- 3+ years experience in Client leadership, Customer Success, Sales or Business Development in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services;
- Sales hunter & farmer experience with a strong ability to identify, progress and close new opportunities with current and former customers;
- Proven experience in managing and developing client and team relationships through a value-adding ability;
- Exceptional organizational, presentational, and communicational skills at all levels of a customer organization, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including the C-level decision-makers;
- Experience with working with a structured account plan and ensuring proper anchoring of the plan with key own company stakeholders;
- Fluently spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Automotive & mobility background and specialization experience;
- Experience targeting and growing strategic accounts from the ground up;
- An ability to consult on best delivery practices from hands-on experience;
- Experience working with distributed multicultural teams.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation, and benefits package, an intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability do not affect our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.