Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
We are looking for a Back-End Engineer to become a core member of our new project. It’s a SaaS based enterprise solution that integrates building systems into a single, centralized, digital platform. You will handle a significant part of the product development process, and build integrations between the client platform and third party products. You will work closely with the clients, determine the product functionality, define the architecture, and estimate the overall work. When you join our ranks, you will work closely with world-class technology entrepreneurs from the world’s most prominent innovation hubs. These include Silicon Valley, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, Germany, and many other countries that may require business trips.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Back-End Engineer (Node.js);
- Proven hands-on experience in GraphQL and SQL (Postgres DB);
- An expert in developing RESTful APIs and has knowledge about CORS;
- Experience with koa.js and Apollo GraphQL;
- Experience in working with Yarn and Lerna;
- Understanding of CI concepts;
- Understanding of app/browser performance;
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM principles;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and related fields;
- People-oriented and a team player;
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers;
- Familiarity with React.js or any other front-end frameworks is a plus;
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less.
Nice to have experience with:
- Google APIs (Google Calendar API).
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.