At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a back-end engineer who is proficient with Node.js and AWS infrastructure. Your primary focus will be developing microservices for an online stock market of things. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. Additionally, you will coordinate with other team members working on different aspects of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products are important.
Qualifications & experience:
- At least 2+ years of experience with Node.js;
- Thorough experience of REST, GraphQL practices;
- Experience working with NoSQL databases;
- In-depth knowledge of database design and optimization;
- Experience working with big data sets, concurrent load, Microservices, Docker, AWS Cloud;
- Understanding of debug isolates issues and performance tuning of a live system;
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English;
- Good understanding of development design patterns;
- Good communication skills;
- Open-minded and flexible approach towards tooling;
- Not afraid to try new things.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Serverless & Containers;
- Development background in PHP / Go.
- Development of new functionality to support web application;
- Enhancement of existing functionality to support web application;
- Participation in daily sync-up sessions with clients;
- Implementation of unit tests;
- Determination of the best methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.