Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The project is focused on the design and delivery of a platform solution for one of the world’s leading creative advertising brands. The concept of the platform can be described as a cross-organizational “operating system”, a centralized hub for distributed innovation. The platform will become an entry point which targets different audiences keen on using their own and third-party digital products while contributing to the development of new applications.
Change Leader. Passionate about the human side of the change, focused on people’s traits, benefits, and challenges. Ability to inspire and invigorate everyone to align with new goals and objectives.
Business Partner. Has a growth mindset and sees the big picture. Demonstrates knowledge of business context and organizational assets, able to explain and translate higher vision to different stakeholders on various levels
Facilitator. Has the ability to build strong communication bridges between people with different backgrounds, mindsets and cultural differences. Advanced knowledge of requirements management, product ideation and solution definition techniques is essential for the role, as is advanced written and spoken English.
Trouble-shooter. Has the ability to stay effective under the pressure of tight deadlines, high expectations, and demanding clients. Strong analytical skills, goal-oriented approach and structured thinking are crucial.
- Conduct change analysis and impact assessments using change methodologies to support management activities;
- Represent the findings of a change impact analysis in planning discussions with the program’s management team in order to shape program deliverables;
- Coordinate and track the monitoring of actions arising from change impact assessment;
- Perform business process mapping of current and future processes;
- Perform current and future state gap analysis and assessment of changes and impacts to ensure that transformation strategy and transition planning meet program objectives;
- Provide input and insights into change planning to ensure change management approaches align with program needs and organizational culture;
- Develop effective change plans and change reporting in conjunction with the appropriate lead to document and communicate change activities;
- Identify stakeholders impacted by the changes, perform stakeholder mapping, manage issues and risks relating to stakeholders;
- Provide input and support the delivery of change communications;
- Develop approaches and implement change readiness assessments (surveys, polls, interviews, etc.);
- Provide input, document requirements, test and support for the delivery of training programs in order to deliver measurable change solutions;
- Provide input, document requirements and support for the implementation of target operating models and sustainability plans;
- Collaborate with project insiders and stakeholders to align business needs, expectations and implementation capabilities.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.