We are looking for you!
We are looking for you! A Business Development Director experienced in product design and development processes that can translate technical aspects into business language. You should have experience uncovering new customer business needs and tracking changes in existing ones while helping our clients achieve their desired outcomes.
You will work inside the commercial team around the EU, reporting to the FinTech Managing Director. You will also contribute to and benefit from our global FinTech industry group.
The UK offers unique opportunities, being a leader in the FinTech market, and Star is present with some of the fastest-growing start-ups within FinTech, PayTech and tier 1 Insurance clients globally.
Skills and experience you can bring to this role!
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of sales/business development experience, including sales experience in selling design, engineering or consulting services within FinTech industry;
- 3+ years experience in client leadership, customer success, sales or business development in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services;
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within one of our key industries;
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process autonomously - from deal origination to closing deals and developing client relationships;
- An understanding of the unique challenges and pain points and how to solve them using strategy, design and technology solutions;
- Active network in the FinTech Industry;
- Software delivery experience in project, program, delivery, product management, QA or engineering leadership roles;
- Sales hunter and farmer experience with a strong ability to identify, progress and close new opportunities with current and former customers;
- Proven experience in managing and developing client and team relationships through a value-adding ability;
- Exceptional organizational, presentational and communicational skills at all levels of a customer organization, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including C-level decision-makers;
- Experience with working with a structured account plan and ensuring proper anchoring of the plan with key own company stakeholders;
- FinTech background and specialization experience;
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Any other European language would be an advantage.
- Experience targeting and growing strategic accounts from the ground up;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up;
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies;
- Experience working with distributed multicultural teams.
What impact you’ll make
As a Business Development Director at Star, you will develop client relationships to understand their business objectives and needs better.
- Leverage developing client relationship knowledge to align our delivery to customers’ desired outcomes and identify new opportunities;
- Target and grow new strategic client relationships from the ground up while building and growing key client relationships;
- Create a strategy for engagement, retention and growth for each client in your portfolio;
- Execute growth plans with the project leadership team, including occasional involvement of executive sponsors;
- Exploit new opportunities and lead sales activities from scoping to contract signature and kick-off;
- Appropriately manage customer expectations and feedback in the client’s native language and across seniority levels;
- Conduct business reviews with customers, including reviewing engagement milestones and key metrics, analyzing challenges, making recommendations, aligning on the roadmap and collating feedback;
- Action the improvement plan prior to the next reporting period;
- Maintain project profitability targets, oversee billing and control fixed price contract budgets;
- Strike a balance between being the customer and the team’s advocate by steering complex account situations towards win-win resolutions;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and upwardly trending NPS;
- Mobilize successful customers to drive testimonials, case studies and referrals.
What you’ll get
Regardless of your position or role, we have in place a wide array of benefits including flexible working (hybrid/remote models) and generous time off policies (unlimited vacations, sick and parental leaves) to make it easier for all people to thrive and succeed at Star. On top of that, we offer an extensive rewarding and compensation package, intellectually and creatively stimulating space, health insurance and some more.
Your holistic wellbeing is central at Star. You'll join a warm and vibrant multinational environment filled with impactful projects, career development opportunities, mentorship and training programs, fun sports activities, workshops, networking and outdoor meet-ups.