If you are a bold, outgoing and passionate professional with experience building long-lasting customer relationships - read on! You will develop client relationships to better understand their business objectives and needs and grow Star's business volume through value-adding.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you! A Business Development Manager experienced in product design and development processes that can translate technical aspects into business language. You should have experience uncovering new customer business needs and tracking changes in existing ones while helping our clients achieve their desired outcomes.
You will work inside the commercial team around the EU, reporting to the FinTech Managing Director. You will also contribute to and benefit from our global FinTech industry group.
The UK offers unique opportunities, being a leader in the FinTech market, and Star is present with some of the fastest-growing start-ups within FinTech, PayTech and tier 1 Insurance clients globally.
As a Business Development Manager at Star, you will develop client relationships to understand their business objectives and needs better.
- Leverage developing client relationship knowledge to align our delivery to customers’ desired outcomes and identify new opportunities;
- Target and grow new strategic client relationships from the ground up while building and growing key client relationships;
- Create a strategy for engagement, retention and growth for each client in your portfolio;
- Execute growth plans with the project leadership team, including occasional involvement of executive sponsors;
- Exploit new opportunities and lead sales activities from scoping to contract signature and kick-off;
- Appropriately manage customer expectations and feedback in the client’s native language and across seniority levels;
- Conduct business reviews with customers, including reviewing engagement milestones and key metrics, analyzing challenges, making recommendations, aligning on the roadmap and collating feedback;
- Action the improvement plan prior to the next reporting period;
- Maintain project profitability targets, oversee billing and control fixed price contract budgets;
- Strike a balance between being the customer and the team’s advocate by steering complex account situations towards win-win resolutions;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and upwardly trending NPS;
- Mobilize successful customers to drive testimonials, case studies and referrals.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of sales/business development experience, including sales experience in selling design, engineering or consulting services within FinTech industry;
- 3+ years experience in client leadership, customer success, sales or business development in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services;
- Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within one of our key industries;
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process autonomously - from deal origination to closing deals and developing client relationships;
- An understanding of the unique challenges and pain points and how to solve them using strategy, design and technology solutions;
- Active network in the FinTech Industry;
- Software delivery experience in project, program, delivery, product management, QA or engineering leadership roles;
- Sales hunter and farmer experience with a strong ability to identify, progress and close new opportunities with current and former customers;
- Proven experience in managing and developing client and team relationships through a value-adding ability;
- Exceptional organizational, presentational and communicational skills at all levels of a customer organization, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including C-level decision-makers;
- Experience with working with a structured account plan and ensuring proper anchoring of the plan with key own company stakeholders;
- FinTech background and specialization experience;
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Any other European language would be an advantage.
Would be a plus:
- Experience targeting and growing strategic accounts from the ground up;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up;
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies;
- Experience working with distributed multicultural teams.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.