At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
As a Corporate Strategy Intern, you will support key strategic initiatives rooted in our strategy roadmap, including our M&A efforts. You will work as part of a nimble and impact-oriented team that’s tasked with ensuring that Star is guided in the right strategic direction for the next decade. Your work will have a direct impact on how we operate, grow, and expand our business.
The internship is a part-time position for 15-20 hours per week, with flexibility as to which days of the week the work is conducted. There is no defined end date for the internship, though we would expect at least a 6-month commitment. Upon university graduation, there may be a potential for permanent employment based on the internship performance.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program with a focus on Business Administration, Finance or Entrepreneurship;
- Strong research skills – all of our work is rooted in some form of research, you should be able to extract and synthesize relevant information, and be a quick learner when it comes to researching new domains;
- Strong financial/quantitative modeling skills – most of our initiatives require modeling out future scenarios, including M&A. We value creative modeling approaches over the mastery of advanced tools;
- A well-rounded mindset – our work spans across strategic initiatives for sales, marketing, HR, finance, service delivery, and operations. You may be working on M&A models one week and talent management frameworks the next week;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment – it’s critical that you can adapt to changes, work independently with minimal supervision, and produce high-caliber outputs;
- Experience working in consulting, creative agencies, IT services, or other professional services is a big plus;
- Fluent written and verbal English skills.
- Support the VP of Corporate Strategy in the execution of strategic initiatives defined in our roadmap;
- Conduct research on our industry, from macro trends to M&A activity to best practices;
- Identify potential M&A targets and perform research to help build an understanding of their business;
- Perform strategic analysis and synthesize into concrete and actionable recommendations;
- Build financial and other quantitative models to support decision making;
- Create presentations to communicate analysis, findings, and recommendations.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually, and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability do not affect our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.