As a Corporate Strategy Intern, you will support key strategic initiatives rooted in our strategy roadmap, including our M&A efforts. You will work as part of a nimble and impact-oriented team that’s tasked with ensuring that Star is guided in the right strategic direction for the next decade. Your work will have a direct impact on how we operate, grow, and expand our business.
The intenship is a part-time position for 15-20 hours per week, with flexibility as to which days of the week the work is conducted. There is no defined end date for the internship, though we would expect at least a 6-month commitment. Upon university graduation, there may be potential for permanent employment based on the internship performance.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program with a focus on Business Administration, Finance or Entrepreneurship;
- Strong research skills – all of our work is rooted in some form of research, you should be able to extract and synthesize relevant information, and be a quick learner when it comes to researching new domains;
- Strong financial/quantitative modeling skills – most of our initiatives require modeling out future scenarios, incl. M&A. We value creative modeling approaches over mastery of advanced tools;
- Well-rounded mindset – our work spans across strategic initiatives for sales, marketing, HR, finance, service delivery, and operations. You may be working on M&A models one week, and talent management frameworks the next week;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment – it’s critical that you can adapt to changes, work independently with minimal supervision and produce high-caliber outputs;
- Experience working in consulting, creative agencies, IT services or other professional services is a big plus;
- Fluent written and verbal English skills.
- Support the VP of Corporate Strategy in the execution of strategy initiatives defined in our roadmap;
- Conduct research on our industry, from macro trends to M&A activity to best practices;
- Identify potential M&A targets and perform research to help build an understanding of their business;
- Perform strategic analyses and synthesize into concrete and actionable recommendations;
- Build financial and other quantitative models to support decision making;
- Create presentations to communicate analyses, findings and recommendations.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users. Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others. Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working.