We’re looking for an energetic Customer Success Director with experience in design and development of technology products, and passion for building long lasting customer relationships. We expect you to manage a client book ensuring client satisfaction and retention while proactively unearthing and closing new opportunities with the client company. The ideal candidate has a history of growing existing business, helping clients recognize the value of the services they already receive and educating them on other services that could help them achieve their business objectives.
- At least 10+ years of substantial experience in a consulting/technology firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services
- 3+ years demonstrated track record of developing and growing client relationships in Account Management, Customer Success, Sales or Business Development roles in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services
- Experience managing and monitoring performance metrics across large scale accounts and account portfolios (P&L management)
- Sales farmer experience with a strong ability to identify, progress and close new opportunities with current and former customers
- Proven experience in managing and developing client and team relationships through value-adding ability
- Experience in managing and monitoring performance metrics across large scale accounts or engineering programs/portfolios
- Experience with working with a structured account development plan and ensuring proper anchoring of the plan with own key-company stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational, presentational, and communicational skills at all levels of a customer organization including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including the C-level decision makers
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking abilities
- Develop and oversee delivery approaches
- Fluent spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Software delivery experience in Project, Program, Delivery, Product Management, QA or Engineering roles
- Experience in some of our key industries: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, and Consumer Electronics
- Experience conducting Business Reviews producing actionable engagement improvement plans
- Experience working with distributed multicultural teams
- Create the strategy for engagement retention and growth for each client from your portfolio aligned with portfolio quota. Execute this plan with the project leadership team and occasional involvement of executive sponsors
- Strengthen existing relationships with key-customer stakeholders, build new connections with sister groups and top management
- Identify new opportunities within the portfolio and lead sales activities from scoping, to contract signature and kick-off
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and upwardly trending NPS
- Mobilize successful customers to drive testimonials, case studies and referrals
- Maintain project profitability targets and oversee billing
- Handle negotiations and escalations with a problem-solving attitude
- Conduct Business Reviews with customers including reviewing engagement milestones and key metrics, analyzing challenges, making recommendations, aligning on the roadmap, and collating feedback. Action the improvement plan prior to the next reporting period
- Work closely with project/program management to ensure successful delivery through an integrated delivery model
- Travel to customer offices
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities