If you are an energetic, empathetic, and action-oriented Customer Success Manager / Key Account Manager with a passion for HealthTech – read on! You will work with the most successful companies and help them shine.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: An outgoing, empathetic HealthTech Customer Success Manager who is experienced with, and passionate about, building long-lasting customer relationships and growing the business volume through value-added abilities.
As our CSM for HealthTech, you’ll be central to our commercial growth in the HealthTech industry in DACH and BENELUX, Italy, and Spain. We’d love to hear from you if the following describes you:
You have experience with digital product design and development processes and are able to translate technical aspects into business language. You have experience uncovering new customers’ business needs and tracking changes in existing ones while helping our clients achieve their desired outcomes. You are no stranger to HealthTech, and understand the complexities of creating digital products and software solutions in this industry.
You’ll be an integral part of the commercial team. You’ll also be in close contact with key executive leaders and industry experts.
- Create the strategy for engagement retention and growth for each client from your portfolio aligned with the portfolio quota. Execute this plan with the project’s leadership team and occasional involvement of executive sponsors;
- Strengthen existing relationships with key customer stakeholders and build new connections with sister groups and top management;
- Identify new opportunities within the portfolio and lead or support sales activities from scoping, to contract signature and kick-off;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and upwardly trending NPS;
- Mobilize successful customers to drive testimonials, case studies, and referrals;
- Maintain project profitability targets and oversee billing;
- Handle negotiations and escalations with a problem-solving attitude;
- Conduct business reviews with customers including reviewing engagement milestones and key metrics, analyzing challenges, making recommendations, aligning on the roadmap, and collating feedback. Action the improvement plan prior to the next reporting period;
- Travel to customer offices.
- 3+ years of software delivery experience in Project, Program, Delivery, Product Management, QA or Engineering Leadership roles, a clear understanding of SDLC, and experience with Agile delivery methodology (Scrum, Kanban);
- 2+ years experience in Account Management, Customer Success, Sales or Business Development in a consulting firm offering design, technology, and/or strategy services, and experience in Digital Health and MedTech;
- An understanding of the user-centered design process and digital design delivery;
- Sales farmer experience with a strong ability to identify, progress, and close new opportunities with current and former customers;
- Proven experience in managing and developing client and team relationships through value-adding ability;
- Exceptional organizational, presentational, and communicational skills at all levels of a customer organization, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including the C-level decision-makers;
- Experience with working with a structured account plan and ensuring proper anchoring of the plan with key own company stakeholders;
- Fluently spoken and written German and English.
- Experience with Start-ups and Corporates;
- Fast-paced, highly collaborative, and team-oriented mindset;
- Acquainted with a network of relevant stakeholders in the HealthTech industry;
- Located in Germany, preferably Munich.
Nice to have:
- Experience with conducting business reviews and producing actionable engagement improvement plans;
- The ability to consult on best delivery practices;
- Experience working with distributed multicultural teams.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.