At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for an eager learner who wants to constantly improve their big data analysis skills. You will join our Data team and will work on an e-commerce project processing millions of daily events. You will have an opportunity to contribute your knowledge to end-to-end data projects hosted in the cloud. It might be an ideal position for a data engineer who wants to apply and improve their skills building data pipelines.
Qualification and experience
- At least 2 years of commercial experience with Python (Jupyter, pandas, numpy);
- Experience building ETL data pipelines;
- Hands on experience with DW platforms like Redshift, Snowflake;
- AWS experience: S3, IAM, VPC, RDS;
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills;
- Great algorithmic skills;
- SQL knowledge;
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar.
Would be a plus
- Experience with PySpark, Glue;
- Experience with ElasticSearch or Solr;
- Knowledge of BI tools (Tableau, Data Studio, QuickSight).
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.