At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for an eager learner who wants to constantly improve their data and machine learning skills. You will join our RnD team and will work on various projects from IoT to computer vision and text processing worlds. You will have an opportunity to contribute your knowledge to end-to-end data projects hosted in the cloud. It might be an ideal position for a data scientist who wants to apply and improve their deep learning skills.
Qualification and experience
- At least 2 years of commercial experience with Python (Jupyter, pandas, numpy);
- Experience with machine learning (scikit, xgboost, keras, pytorch);
- Experience with natural language processing (nltk, word embeddings);
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills;
- Great algorithmic skills;
- SQL knowledge;
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant experience in absence of a degree.
Would be a plus
- Participating in Kaggle competitions;
- Fintech industry experience;
- Experience with ElasticSearch or Solr;
- Experience with image processing using deep learning;
- Knowledge of BI tools (Tableau, Data Studio, QuickSight) and ETL tools;
- Acquaintance with cloud data service (AWS, GCP, Azure).
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.