We’re looking for an empathetic and result-oriented Delivery Manager to lead our Japan-based project portfolio and support corporate business growth in the region. This is a highly visible role that spans multiple global touch-points including clients, presales, project management, and account management.
As our Delivery Manager, you’ll be focused on: ensuring high-quality standards of our services for the local clients; supporting delivery teams during key project milestones, client negotiations or escalations; participating in presales activities and new business opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams in a design/digital/innovation/strategy consultancy environment. Ability to build strong communication bridges between people with different backgrounds, mindsets, cultural differences.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development lifecycle and methodologies (Agile and Waterfall are the required minimum). Ability to find a “golden middle” between written rules and creative solutions
- Understanding of business in Japan and the ability to speak with Japanese enterprise leaders and customer project managers and owners, gain credibility of the service delivery
- Ability to explain technical complexity, challenges and opportunities to stakeholders with different backgrounds
- Ability to stay effective under pressure of tight deadlines, high expectations, and demandable clients
- Excellent customer engagement and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
Nice to have:
- MS/BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred. Credit will be given for candidates who do not have relevant degrees but can demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Previous experience of working outside of Japan or in an internationally distributed company (US, EU)
- Solid experience in business analysis and/or system analysis will be a big plus
- Strong analytical skills, goal-oriented approach, structured thinking, and people leadership.
- Project portfolio management in Japan, which will include:
- Contract and Financial management
- Risk management
- Expectation and Escalation management
- Ensuring the quality of the process and deliverables
- Removal of process bottlenecks and resolving issues
- Support of business development team in pre-sales, professional events, client-facing negotiations.
- Participation in product elaborations and new project kick-offs.
- Work with the account manager or the sales representative to retain customer relations.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 700+ strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.