At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for a UX Design Lead with the experience and capabilities to design experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Someone who can create simple, yet highly engaging, experiences that balance desirability, viability, and feasibility. You will play a key role in the full project lifecycle, from collaborating with our sales team and crafting solution proposals and winning engagements, to leading the design project team and collaborating with our technical/product/project management teams.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of the studio. We believe that amazing things happen when you bring together great minds with different experiences. We anticipate that you will bring your unique perspectives and industry best practices, and fuse these with our existing processes and methodologies.
Qualifications & experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams (agency/consultancy experience a must-have, client-side experience a nice-to-have);
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Automotive, Health and Wellness, Internet of Things, Fintech;
- Mastery of the full design process, able to own projects from experience strategy and ideation, through to concept development and refinement and product design and implementation;
- Experience leading design project teams, overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to the clients’ expectations;
- Experience creating prototypes and mockups in all fidelities throughout the design and product development process;
- An ability to facilitate workshops and research with clients and users;
- Proficiency in UX, UI, user research, and service design methods;
- Industrial design and branding experience is a bonus;
- Flexible, agile, open-minded, and comfortable with ambiguity;
- A desire to learn from others, educate team members, and mentor younger designers;
- Advanced spoken and written English;
- The ability to accommodate occasional travel globally;
- Be involved in sales processes and client networking;
- Scope and manage projects and maintain client contact;
- Manage budgets and deadlines with professionalism.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.