As our team size grows, there is a need to ensure design approaches and best practices already existing in the team are standardized, shared and adopted by everyone.
The role involves learning how we engage with customers and how we design at Star, capturing it in a collection of guidelines, templates & best practices, maintaining and promoting it. Helping ensure the same design delivery quality across the board.
We are looking for a Design Operations Professional who will be an important addition to the Global Design Team and will work closely with the Lead Designers and Design Directors to define, implement and evolve the best approaches to design delivery.
The ideal candidate for this position is able to combine existing and newly acquired UX Design day-to-day operations experience, communication skills, perfectionism, and customer experience focused mindset. You know how to gather information, organize it well and ensure it is used and updated constantly.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a solid background working with UX Design & Engineering teams. Ideally, UX designer in your recent experience or by training with a lot of experience in software development projects
- Professional experience of design operations experiences on a product design team or as a producer at a design agency. You were the one helping ensure quality delivery, with an eye for detail other people missed
- Ability to plan activities and create structure & organization in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to set up, drive, and orchestrate initiatives around knowledge and best practices sharing
- Enjoy networking and have experience working across teams, disciplines and time zones. You need to be a helpful advisor on operational things to the team of UX Design professionals
- Self-starter, perfectionist, and a ‘people person’ (we need your mind and skills, but also a friendly attitude)
- Advanced spoken and written English. You will be generating a considerable amount of written content
Nice to have:
- Experience with facilitating and motivating teams
- Experience in exactly this emerging role
- Experience in some of the top design agencies
- Capture and promote best product design processes, standards, and practices
- Champion evolving tools and approaches and determine how to incorporate them into the operational and creative workflows
- Create checklists various steps of design delivery process, such as workshops, project initiation startup, key milestones, and wrap-up
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and building a knowledge base
- Seek ways to automate DesignOps processes and save time
- Stay up to date and in touch with all the ongoing design projects’ teams, helping them improve operations
You can provide a brief explanation, in your application, of why you are an excellent candidate for this role and what parts of your experience are particularly relevant.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.