At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Building on an impeccable track record, Star has become the de-facto partner for start-ups and corporate innovation labs in the world’s tech hubs.
Turning great ideas into successful, mass-impact products takes a special kind of talent. We hire top 5% caliber talent who are capable of handling complex, cutting edge projects.
What we offer to our crew is getting to contribute to success on exciting projects working closely with customers and talented professionals globally. Keen attention to their long-term career progression through careful career planning, line management, mentorship, and coaching.
We’re looking for a proactive, diligent, and result-oriented Design Project Manager to help the design teams get from an idea to a tangible concept or live product by making sure time, scope, budget are well accounted for. This role implies a high level of responsibility for timely delivery as well as happy teams and clients.
Part of the function is making sure formalities are in check (estimation, time reporting, billing). The other part is the timely discovery of project risks and facilitating remediation.
You’ll be collaborating closely with Senior- and Lead designers, as well as the design team leadership.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Background working with Design teams. Maybe even a designer in the past;
- Experience working in an Agile setting. Project management of Engineering teams & an understanding of tech is a plus;
- The ability to plan activities and create structure & organization in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- International expertise and appreciation for global cultural variety;
- Being the most pragmatic person in the room, yet positive, and improving the team spirit at all times, through challenges and successes;
- Consulting skills, the ability to elaborate ideas, explain technical concepts in a simple way, and convey our vision to businesses of different levels of IT maturity;
- Upper-intermediate or advanced written and spoken English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on design innovation projects;
- Deep understanding of design processes, deliverables, and values.
- Juggling multiple projects that are led by professionals;
- Project management of key projects in the Ukraine Design team;
- Operational support for projects that need little intervention;
- Timely resolution of issues related to project planning;
- Projects health status check and top risks tracking.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.