Please note that to work remotely, you should be a resident of the country specified in the job description.
- Design, Project Management
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Building on an impeccable track record, Star has become the de-facto partner for startups and corporate innovation labs in the world’s tech hubs.
Turning great ideas into successful, mass-impact products takes a special kind of professional. We hire the top 5% of talent, capable of handling complex user experiences, design and tackling the technical challenges inherent in new product development. We offer our crew keen attention to their long-term career progression through careful career planning, line management, mentorship, and coaching.
We’re looking for a proactive, diligent and result-oriented PM for design-centric projects. You will help the design teams get from idea to tangible concept or live product by making sure time, scope and budget are well accounted for. This role implies a high level of responsibility for timely delivery and happy teams and clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Consulting skills, the ability to elaborate ideas, explain product concepts in a simple way and convey a technical vision to business people;
- Background working with design teams or being even a designer in the past;
- Ability to plan activities and create structure & organization in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Being the most pragmatic, but still a positive, person in the room and improving the team spirit at all times;
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies, related tools, practices, standards and frameworks;
- Advanced level of English.
Nice to have:
- Previous roles include digital design agencies or innovation consultancies;
- Experience in facilitating product ideation workshops;
- Experience in startups or product development from scratch;
- Knowledge of UX trends, standards and applicable practices.
- Project management of several key projects driven by the Design team at Star;
- Operational support for projects that need little intervention;
- Timely resolution of issues related to project planning;
- Projects health status check and top risks tracking.
… as part of the above:
- Set customer expectations, hold internal contributors accountable for their deadlines and deliverables;
- Proactively follow up with process participants;
- Manage project budget and team composition;
- Ensure the quality of the process and deliverables;
- Remove process bottlenecks;
- Escalate and resolve issues.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.