We are looking for a Design Solution Specialist with the experience and capabilities to create a critical bridge between our Japanese clients and our European and US design teams.
Star Design is experiencing tremendous demand from the Japanese market, and as part of our efforts to better serve our clients in Japan, we are looking to expand our local team in Tokyo with a Design Solution Specialist. In this role, you will be a key team member in the full project lifecycle – from collaborating with our sales and design teams to understand client needs, to supporting the design project team with client management and communications.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of our Tokyo business.
This is a 3-month contractor position with the potential to convert into a full-time position.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in the technology industry, ideally in a global environment
- Experience in some of our key industries: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, and Consumer Electronics & IoT
- Experience in requirements gathering, project management, and client relations
- Proficiency in design terminology across UX/UI design, research, and service design
- Able to effectively translate Japanese explicit and implicit communication into English for non-Japanese team members
- Confident and comfortable interacting with senior client stakeholders
- Flexible, agile, open-minded, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent spoken and written Japanese and English (other language skills a bonus)
- Act as key interface between Japanese client teams and Star design teams in Europe and US
- Extract requirements and expectations from Japanese clients to help our design teams understand the scope of projects and create appropriate project proposals
- Manage expectations between client and design team, ensuring that all feedback is channeled both ways, and creating a clear and transparent communication mode
- Support with language and cultural translation as needed during presales and critical project activities
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.