We are looking for a Design Strategist who will take on a leading role in challenging and inspiring our clients, while positioning Star to be their design-led technology innovation partner. This role will be a key contributor to driving strategic growth at Star, by dramatically expanding our efforts to help our customers envision and deliver groundbreaking product and service experiences.
The Design Strategist will partner closely with the local Commercial Lead and Technology Strategist to identify and pursue strategic growth with new and existing customers. You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with customers to understand their needs, identifying complex business challenges, utilizing design methodologies to facilitate strategic problem-solving, and designing innovative solutions that create a deep and tangible impact.
You will collaborate with design studio teams to support your initiatives, and to define program approaches and work packages for new engagements. As customer opportunities turn into projects and programs, you will act as a subject-matter expert to the core project team’s efforts, and lead select research and strategy engagements. You will also partner with other Design Strategists globally to share best practices, and advance our approach to exploring new business.
Our Design Strategists are some of our most prominent thought leaders, and you will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas, and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership, as well as help educate fellow team members globally on key trends.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, someone who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star. Charisma, ambition, and confidence are essential, while at the same time being humble, disarming, and a team player. We value pragmatism, creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical, because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
- 10+ years professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams, design/digital/branding/technology/strategy consultancy experience is a must-have
- Deep understanding of some of our key domains: Automotive & Mobiity, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech , AdTech & MarTech and Consumer Electronics
- Mastery of tools and methodologies across design research, experience strategy, and business design
- Planning and executing design research programs, and turning research data into meaningful insights
- Exploring opportunity areas holistically and defining insights-driven experience strategies that balance human desirability, technical feasibility, and business viability
- Defining value propositions and business models that enable companies to extract commercial value from industry-leading product and service experiences
- Planning and facilitating workshops with customers to unearth underlying needs, understand opportunities, explore and ideate solutions, and create focus and alignment
- Client-facing communication in business development contexts, from early exploratory discussions to final pitch presentations, comfortable in front of C-level audiences.
- Crafting compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative and are visually stunning
- Contributing to refining and enhancing design and business development processes
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other language skills are a plus
- Able to occasionally travel within the US