At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is a leading communications and publishing company with a 50-year track record of providing solutions to OEMs and vehicle owners all over the world. They deliver innovative communications solutions that best address the information needs of the automotive industry through processes that seamlessly integrate information development, management, and delivery. Their end products are high-quality, value-driven print, mobile, and interactive information tools for vehicle owners and automotive sales and service personnel.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to jump right in and join our high-performance team. As a team member, you’ll experience working together with development teams across the entire service lifecycle – from design through the development process to product support. It’s a new way of working that builds on the recognition that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. Co-creation is what we’re all about.
Join us and get involved!
- Experience with the AWS solutions – RDS, EC2, S3, ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, RDS, SQS, SNS, ELB;
- Scripting/programming skills (Python, Bash);
- Configuration and infrastructure management tools (Terraform, Ansible);
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Networking fundamentals (routing, load balancing);
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Datadog);
- Log analytics (ELK stack);
- Experience managing relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Experience building Continuous Delivery pipelines with Travis, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy;
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English);
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability;
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, BitBucket, TeamCity, etc.).
- Understanding the containerization concepts (Docker ecosystem). Experience with container orchestration systems in AWS (AWS EKS/ECS);
- Practice experience with second cloud platform (MS Azure Cloud, GCP).
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.