We’re looking for an experienced engineer to jump right in and join our high-performance DevOps group. As a team member, you’ll experience software operations and development engineers working together across the entire service lifecycle – from design through the development process to product support. It’s a new way of working that builds on the recognition that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
We care about simplicity and we believe the Agile Manifesto is a better way of doing software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. Co-creation is what we’re all about.
Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills
- Software lifecycle management experience
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing)
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.)
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Cacti, Prometheus, etc.)
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Sumologic, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Cloud computing (AWS)
- Understanding the containerization concepts (Docker ecosystem). Experience with container orchestration systems in AWS (AWS EKS/ECS)
- Serverless computing (Fargate)
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Virtualization experience (KVM/XEN, Vagrant etc.)
- Cloud configuration, IaaC (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, BitBucket, TeamCity, etc.)
- Practice experience with second cloud platform (MS Azure Cloud, GCP)
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.