At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client has asked us to co-create a specialized digital marketing service platform that enables their customers to reach and manage the most profitable audiences by efficiently buying and targeting digital advertising – including online display, online video, and television. Our client provides best-in-class programmatic ad technology solutions to 68 markets around the world.
Our team delivers a state of the art environment, blending powerful ad technologies with equally powerful user experience.
This product provides rich insights to help customers identify key characteristics for their most valuable audiences, and helps them to understand frequency, reach and behaviors across the digital marketing landscape. It’s a great opportunity to work in a cross-functional, product-driven team that applies big data technologies to fuel the AdTech industry.
DevOps brings a fundamental change in collaboration – the recognition of the fact that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
We care about simplicity. We believe in the Agile Manifesto, which is about finding better ways for software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuring management systems, deploying automation and much, much more. “Co-creation” is an appropriate term to describe what we’re all about. Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python, etc.);
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Excellent written communication, the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English);
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.);
- Cloud/virtualization experience (AWS, Docker ecosystem, etc.);
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.);
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, etc.);
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Cloudwatch);
- Log analytics (ELK or EFK stack, etc.).
- Kubernetes hands-on experience (AWS EKS);
- Terragrunt experience;
- Hashicorp Consul and Vault hands-on experience;
- Understanding of containerization concepts, scheduling and orchestration systems;
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability;
- GCP and/or Azure experience.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.