We’re looking for an experienced engineer to jump right in and join our high-performance DevOps group. As a team member, you’ll experience software operations and development engineers working together across the entire service lifecycle – from design through the development process to product support. It’s a new way of working that builds on the recognition that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
We care about simplicity and we believe the Agile Manifesto is a better way of doing software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. Co-creation is what we’re all about.
Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills
- Software lifecycle management experience
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing)
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.)
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
DevOps skills (at least two of the following)
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Cloud/virtualization experience (Azure, Docker ecosystem, KVM/XEN, Vagrant etc.)
- Cloud orchestration (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.)
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Understanding of containerization concepts, scheduling and orchestration systems
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Sumologic, Splunk, etc.)
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.