At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
The client is a digital health company focused on accelerating and improving medical research. By combining proprietary technologies, data, and well-established business models, the company is transforming the way patients and researchers connect so breakthroughs happen faster.
The core solution is a platform that connects those who want to do clinical trials with people who can participate in them.
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Web servers administrating (nginx, apache, haproxy);
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.);
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, etc.);
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Grafana Loki, Splunk, etc.);
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Cloud computing (GCP);
- Understanding the containerization concepts (Docker ecosystem). Experience with container orchestration systems, Kubernetes (GKE);
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English);
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.);
- Cloud configuration, IaaC (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.);
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, BitBucket, TeamCity, etc.).
- Practice experience with second public cloud platform (AWS, MS Azure Cloud);
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.);
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability;
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.