At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to jump right in and join our high-performance DevOps group. As a team member, you’ll experience software operations and development engineers working together across the entire service lifecycle – from design through the development process to product support. It’s a new way of working that builds on the recognition that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: the delivery team.
We care about simplicity and we believe the Agile Manifesto is a better way of doing software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuration management systems, deployment automation and much, much more. Co-creation is what we’re all about.
Our client is an innovative company that builds a platform for businesses of all types, from restaurants to retail businesses and the service industry. The new product will provide seamless experience of finance management including transfers, transaction & invoice management, debit cards management and multi currency accounts. Business owners will have an option to manage all incoming and outgoing cash flows in one place, get loans and even store some funds in crypto. The product will be available on all platforms: Web, iOS and Android.
Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Versioning (Git, GitHub etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.);
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog, etc.);
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English);
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (CircleCi, GitLab CI, Jenkins etc.);
- Cloud/virtualization experience (AWS, Docker ecosystem, KVM/XEN, Vagrant etc.);
- Cloud orchestration (Terraform, etc.);
- Practice experience with AWS (EKS, CloudFront, EC2, S3, kubectl);
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.).
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.);
- Understanding of containerization concepts, scheduling and orchestration systems;
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability;
- Log analytics (ELK/EFK stack, Sumologic, Splunk, etc.);
- Any other public cloud experience (Google cloud, Azure).
- Maintain and develop IaaC;
- Deploy and support dedicated environments for customers;
- Configure CI pipelines and container infrastructure;
- Support software engineers with new releases and debug activities;
- Tune and enhance monitoring, logging and observability tools;
- Refactor existing IaaC;
- Collaborate with global teams to align with their changes to infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.