- DB - SQL
- Cloud Azure
- Cloud AWS
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses and ophthalmologic instruments. The business group develops and produces offerings for the entire eyeglass value chain that is distributed globally.
We are working on a web solution that delivers an innovative telemedicine system which enables the stores without optical doctor services to provide remote refraction exams to their customers.
You’ll join a distributed team, building an innovative solution that integrates with optical medical devices, for one of the leaders in the industry. DevOps brings a fundamental change in collaboration – the recognition of the fact that there’s one entity standing behind a successful product: The delivery team.
We care about simplicity. We believe in the Agile Manifesto, which is about finding better ways of software development. Our everyday practice involves virtualization, containerization, dealing with the Cloud, networking, configuring management systems, deploying automation and much, much more. “Co-creation” is an appropriate term to describe what we’re all about. Join us and get involved!
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Software lifecycle management experience;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Ruby, etc.);
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Nagios, Cacti, etc.);
- Experience with relational DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Excellent written communication and the ability to communicate verbally with the customer (English);
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
DevOps skills (at least two of the following)
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.);
- Cloud/virtualization experience (Azure, AWS, Docker ecosystem, KVM/XEN, Vagrant etc.);
- Cloud orchestration (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.);
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitLab CI, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.).
- Practice experience with MS Azure Cloud;
- NoSQL DB knowledge (Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.);
- Understanding of containerization concepts, scheduling and orchestration systems;
- Understanding of Distributed Systems concepts, High Availability, vertical and horizontal scalability;
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Sumologic, Splunk, etc.).
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.