At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for an Intern DevOps Engineer to become part of the Star Operations department and NOC 24/7 team. With the proper mentoring you will develop your technical skills and take part in individual development training. Step-by-step you will improve your skills and get experience with real projects. As a result of the internship course you will become a team member of a project’s engineering team.
- Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Networking fundamentals (switching, routing, load balancing);
- Web servers administrating (nginx, apache, haproxy);
- Versioning (Git, SVN, etc.);
- Scripting/programming skills (Bash, Python/Go, etc.);
- Cloud computing experience (AWS, MS Azure, GCP, etc.);
- Understanding of containerization concepts (Docker ecosystem);
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English);
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, etc.);
- Log analytics (ELK stack, Grafana Loki, Splunk, etc.);
- Cloud configuration, IaaC (Terraform);
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (Jenkins, GitlabCI etc.);
- Configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
- Take part in a NOC 24/7 support team;
- Perform tasks within the scope of training course;
- Join the existing project team as a DevOps engineer.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.