As a Regular Embedded Engineer within Star you will become a core member of our Embedded Engineering team. You will be working alongside professional Engineers who have many years of experience in various fields. As we closely collaborate with customer technical teams around the globe you will have a truly international experience. As a Regular Specialist, you will be expected to be involved in architecture design and developing software and hardware. As a team we will be actively developing new skills in many new exciting technologies. We are a company where everyone is highly valued and given an opportunity to grow in every possible way.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of SW engineering experience in the area of Embedded Linux
- Good knowledge of C, advanced in C++ (11/14/17)
- Experience with libraries like: STL, Boost, GoogleTest/Mock, ZMQ, POSIX
- At least junior experience with Python
- Knowledge of using GIT
- Experience with developing embedded command and control software
- Designing and implementing unit testable code and unit tests
- Compiling, building, debugging skills (gdb, tcpdump, valgrind, socat, etc.)
- Upper-intermediate level of English – spoken and written
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take task ownership.
Would be a plus:
- Working knowledge of REST / HTTP and other internet-based communication
- Familiarity with TCP/UDP, NMEA protocols
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience working in TDD
- Familiarity with interfaces like I2C, SPI, UART
- Interest in Computer Science in general
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.