We’re looking for an execution-oriented Executive Director to lead our growth in the Nordics. You will be working in a team located in Copenhagen and you will be expected to collaborate closely with the team to grow the commercial presence of Star in the Nordics. We are looking for a person with strong personal connections with Digital Health, Medtech, and Life Science companies. Reporting to the CSO (also based in Copenhagen), you are experienced with, and passionate about, supporting clients to transform their business through strategy, design, and technology. You will be an up-to-date technology leader that can empathize with, and lead clients through the product development challenges that start-ups and innovation-driven corporations face. You should have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services in healthcare. Ultimately, you should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet our client’s needs and leverage our unique value proposition.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience with a consultancy background
- A strong network with Health, Medical, and Life Science companies
- A strong team player that can foster collaborative and effective ways of working with local colleagues and the global team of experts
- Staying on top of industry trends and how technology is reshaping business opportunities
- Ability to articulate opinions and influence the discussions on Social Media and in personal engagements
- Sales-hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Proven ability to close deals and meet quota objectives – we expect you to provide details of quota achievements
- Fluently spoken and written Danish and English
- A solid understanding of regulatory environments (GDPR / CE and FDA / HIPAA) as it pertains to the design and development of digital health and life science solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology start-ups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
As an Executive Director at Star, you are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Set and deliver on the commercial strategy for the region
- Contribute to the development of a marketing strategy for the region, with a clear focus on lead generating activities
- Generate leads from industry and networking events as well as working with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support
- Nurture your leads, whether they originate from your efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team
- Identify and prioritize opportunities, and collaborate with our pre-sales team to create winning proposals
- Manage client relationships, and work closely with project managers to ensure client satisfaction and to develop additional business
- Own your sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.