Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Executive Director who is experienced with, and passionate about, the newest technology trends. We expect you to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can empathize with the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations in the software and hardware spaces are facing. You should, ideally, have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services. You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet their needs and that leverage our unique value proposition.
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation, to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Proven ability to close deals and meets quota objectives — we expect you to provide details of quota achievements
- Fluent spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, and Consumer Electronics & IoT
- Experience with software platforms and technologies ( web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with passion for latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
Executive Director at Star are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Generate leads from industry and networking events and work with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support
- Nurture your leads, whether they originate from your efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team
- Identify and prioritize opportunities, and collaborate with our pre-sales team to define and close deals
- Manage client relationships, and will work closely with project managers to ensure satisfaction and to develop additional business
- Own your sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings
- Identify specific sales opportunities with existing and prospective clients. Work with client and Star teams to determine requirements and specifications, build client value proposition, and shape and close the deal
- Manage and develop client relationships. Work closely with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory, explore new business opportunities within the account, and maintain project profitability targets
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.