Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
We’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Executive Director who is experienced with, and passionate about, the newest technology trends. We expect you to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can empathize with the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations in the software and hardware spaces are facing. You should, ideally, have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services. You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet their needs and that leverage our unique value proposition.
- 7+ years of substantial experience in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services is an absolute must
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts
- Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, and Consumer Electronics & IoT
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation, to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Proven ability to close deals and meets quota objectives — we expect you to provide details of quota achievements
- Fluent spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with passion for latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
- Balance of self-starter mentality and ability to adhere to processes
Executive Director at Star are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Lead Bay Area sales growth for Star, with a 100% focus on new logo acquisition, and managing the entire sales cycle from research, to closing deals and client satisfaction
- Create the strategy for what industries, domains and company types to pursue in your territory. Execute on this plan, and close projects with both well-funded, early stage or late stage startups, and larger, Fortune 1000 enterprises
- Work closely with the Star Design San Francisco studio to generate a pipeline of high potential design engagements across digital, service and strategic design
- Lead challenger selling efforts, crafting a unique value proposition and narrative for key targets, and converting this into high-impact opportunities, proposals and ultimately client engagements
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations and networking
- Identify opportunities within existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and the local Star team to determine requirements and specifications
- Build the unique customer value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with customers.
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring enough companies are contacted so there are high potential clients in each stage of the funnel, and to ensure there is a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals and repeat customers
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.