We’re looking for an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented Executive Director who is experienced with, and passionate about, the newest technology trends. We expect you to be an up-to-date technology enthusiast that can empathize with the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations in the software and hardware spaces are facing. You should, ideally, have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services. You should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet their needs and that leverage our unique value proposition.
Qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years of substantial experience in a consulting firm offering design, technology and/or strategy services is an absolute must.
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts.
- Proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets.
- Experience in some of our key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing, FinTech, AdTech & MarTech, and Consumer Electronics & IoT
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process – from lead generation, to closing deals and developing client relationships.
- Proven ability to close deals and meets quota objectives — we expect you to provide details of quota achievements.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with passion for latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network.
- Balance of self-starter mentality and ability to adhere to processes.
Executive Director at Star are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Lead Bay Area sales growth for Star, with a 100% focus on new logo acquisition, and managing the entire sales cycle from research, to closing deals and client satisfaction.
- Create the strategy for what industries, domains and company types to pursue in your territory. Execute on this plan, and close projects with both well-funded, early stage or late stage startups, and larger, Fortune 1000 enterprises.
- Work closely with the Star Design San Francisco studio to generate a pipeline of high potential design engagements across digital, service and strategic design.
- Lead challenger selling efforts, crafting a unique value proposition and narrative for key targets, and converting this into high-impact opportunities, proposals and ultimately client engagements.
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations and networking.
- Identify opportunities within existing and prospective customers. Work with customers and the local Star team to determine requirements and specifications.
- Build the unique customer value proposition for each client, and shape and close new projects with customers.
- Own the commercial funnel, ensuring enough companies are contacted so there are high potential clients in each stage of the funnel, and to ensure there is a continuous and growing flow of new relationships, new deals and repeat customers.