Star Finance Team is looking for a Finance Operations Manager.
Qualifications and experience:
- Higher education – a degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Working experience in corporate finance, audit or accounting (min. 5 years)
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP).
- Experienced covering particularly: revenue recognition (services), accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, foreign exchange matters, inter-company transactions and consolidation
- ACCA or CPA will be an advantage
- Experience with the management of finance reporting and compliance requirements for entities in multiple jurisdictions
- Strong rounded finance professional with a good mix of operational, technical and soft skills
- The ability to work independently but within a team environment with a confident, competitive and tenacious attitude
- Solid business judgment, strong business acumen, supporting the team in delivering their strategy, focus on partnering and finding solutions to problems proactively
- Knowledge of Navision Dynamics or other internationally used ERP systems is an advantage
- Experienced user of MS Excel
- Analytical mindset, result-oriented person, ability to meet tight deadlines, accuracy, attentiveness to details and diligence
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Good communication skills and strong team player
- Strong ethical standards
- Leading the team of 4 finance operations specialists, including managing on-going processes, providing the job training and guidance regarding finance and accounting matters, leading new projects and initiatives
- Handle month-end close accounting activities
- Handle corporate reporting and other compliance requirements activities related to financial reporting for US-based location entities (including in-depth analysis, review, providing guidance and managing the team)
- Working with the local team and work closely in cooperation with the Finance Controller in the US office. Actively participating and contributing to discussions related to complex finance and accounting matters
- Collaborate and manage work outsourced to various vendors and professional services firms
- Collaborate with other functions and team on various projects upon requests and leading projects if necessary
- Supporting treasury function for non-US entities
- Being a first contact person for auditors for supported locations
- Other finance reporting tasks as per the department’s needs
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers as well as a very competitive salary and benefits package, an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexible working hours, and unique international travel opportunities.