If you are a bold, strategy-savvy professional who knows how to go beyond template processes and frameworks, and for whom the product is at the head of everything, this position is for you!
You will help customers develop breakthrough FinTech products and will be able to apply your strengths by creating compelling proposals based on the latest technology.
At Star, we connect strategy, insight, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have a headquarters. Instead we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes immense pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: a motivated and ambitious FinTech Product Manager. You’ll take on a unique pre-sales and delivery role focused on challenging, elevating and inspiring Star’s prospective clients, and positioning us as the product development partner of choice.
This role, based in London (open to exceptional remote European-based candidates), will be a critical contributor to driving sales and strategic growth both for Star’s UK practice, as well as its global Fintech proposition.
The FinTech Product Manager will report to Star’s Fintech Product Director, and work closely with the FinTech Global Managing Director. Spanning both geographic and FinTech industry globally, his/her key responsibilities will be to:
- Help identify, pursue and lead high potential pre-sales opportunities;
- Own and deliver strategic client product development;
- Kickstart customer projects, with a particular focus on establishing their scope and roadmap.
The ideal candidate has a technology solutions background (preferably technical consulting, professional services, time at a start-up or in a product management role), as well as an entrepreneurial mindset and is someone willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star.
Charisma, ambition and confidence will be essential, yet the successful candidate will also need to be humble, disarming, and above all, a team player. We value pragmatism, which to us means creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical because ‘good enough’ is never good enough.
Due to our matrixed nature, the ideal candidate will also need to be nimble, highly commercial, and able to operate autonomously at a C-Suite level. You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with customers to understand their needs, identifying complex business and technical challenges, creating winning propositions and proposals, as well as architecting, planning and managing the development of technology solutions that create a deep and tangible impact.
Whilst the role is pre-sales in its focus, you will collaborate with technical delivery teams to support your initiatives and define delivery approaches and work packages for new engagements. As customer opportunities turn into projects and programs, you will support the core project team’s efforts as a subject matter expert, and lead select research, discovery and delivery engagements.
You will also partner with Star’s Technology Directors globally as well as with Star Project Management, Product Management, Customer Success, Design and CTO offices to share best practices, and contribute to the creation and expansion of our technology, product management, and solutions delivery practices.
Finally, you’ll be central to further developing and refining our brand both in UK territory and for our global Fintech practice. Product Managers are some of our most prominent thought leaders, and you will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership, as well as helping to educate fellow team members globally on key trends. A strong point of view, and a preparedness to share it in verbal or written form (whether that be with clients, or as wider thought pieces, webinars, presentations, or some other form of marketing) are essential for success in this role.
- Analysis of technology aspects of prospective client’s businesses and identification of their technology-related needs and challenges;
- Client-facing communication in business development contexts, from early exploratory discussions to Q&A sessions, through to final pitch presentations. This entails being comfortable in front of C-level audiences;
- In coordination with the rest of the participating team, planning and facilitating workshops with customers to define high-level system and software architectures as well as solution scope an workshop-style problem analysis;
- Crafting compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative, and are technologically state-of-the-art;
- Thought leadership and other marketing initiatives via internal R&D initiatives and industry events participation, the publication of white papers and blog posts, organization of webinars, etc.;
- Refining and enhancing software development and business development processes;
- Contributing to delivery projects, helping to define the requirements and scope (in particular at the start of projects), overseeing the product delivery, and acting as counterpart to key customer stakeholders.
- 7+ years of professional experience in agile software development, in technology consulting or sales (with a strong technology background);
- Deep understanding of software development processes, including agile engineering, QA, DevOps practices;
- Hands-on experience in engineering complex software solutions, within all cloud, web and mobile layers;
- Experience with, and a strong interest in, supporting pre-sales activities, leading client workshops and meetings, and a real desire to work with Star’s global clients;
- Demonstrated experience in FinTech, ideally banking, insurance or other practices in a start-up environment, demonstrating wider experience in other categories;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Depth Payments, e-Commerce and Open Banking;
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of start-ups;
- Profiency in French, German or both.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.