Hi there, we are Star
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and go-to-market services into one seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey is.
What we believe in
We treasure individuality.
We take people as who they are, learn through diversity and change perspectives with ease.
We celebrate togetherness.
We cooperate, care for each other and our rituals, and know that we’re more resilient together.
We live the change.
We’re serial newbies with unflinching curiosity and feel at home in an ever-transforming world.
We find a healthy balance.
Embracing all facets of what it means to be human, we want to own our work, not be our work.
Join us at Star Frankfurt
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer (all gender) who can demonstrably design simple, yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus. Based in our Frankfurt design studio, you will join the newly founded team of designers who work across physical, digital and spatial product domains. Your global team of colleagues include software and hardware technologists — together you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products.
As a Senior UX Designer at Star, you...
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity of a given challenge.
- Collaborate proactively to a joint effort as an integral part of a cross-functional team.
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English. (German knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory)
- Facilitate engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps.
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions.
- Compose relevant user stories and derive effective user flows.
- Visualise use case scenarios that engage and inspire clients and potential users.
- Create robust interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use, while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions and technology into account.
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end users through formative and summative assessment.
- Provide scalable UI specifications for engineering teams and assist during the implementation.
- Master state-of-the-art UX design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision.
- Share your knowledge on design methods, tools, and trends with the rest of the team.
- An academic background (bachelor or master degree) in the field of Service Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, UX Design or another relevant program.
- 4-8 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams and guiding small teams of junior team members.
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo and ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to novel solutions.
- Passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving.
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for.
- The ability to express a positive and optimistic spirit (because above all we need your smile and personality).
- Experience working on complex financial softwares. This could be digital solutions for retail banking, direct trading, omnichannel payment systems digital loans, investments/insurance management, or similar.
- Experience in the FinTech industry.
- Experience in any of our other key business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing or Consumer Electronics.
- Experience working within agile software development teams.
- Competitive salary with regular compensation reviews.
- Continuous mentorship with your Line Manager.
- State of the art hardware and software.
- Flexible working hours and home office policy.
- Social activities and team events even in WFH times (virtual game nights, remote holiday parties) and many more to come again in the post COVID era (mountain offsite, oktoberfest, team breakfasts).
- And most importantly a great and kick-ass team.
Are you interested?
We would be thrilled to hear from you.
Just before you hit the apply button, we’d like to give you a few helpful hints about our application process.
- We’d like to get a first impression of who you are as well as your work, as described in your portfolio and your CV, LinkedIn profile or similar.
- We won’t need a lengthy cover letter, but would be keen on knowing why you would like to work at Star.
- Please apply in English, as that is our main language at Star.
We usually pursue the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call
- 1hr interview with 2 people from Star Germany
- 1hr interview with 2 directors / lead designers
We are looking forward to hearing from you!