If you are mindful about details, always think outside the box and have a holistic approach to creating unforgettable user experiences, read on! We are looking for a strong leader who will take our design-driven company to the next level.
At Star, we connect strategy, insight, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have a headquarters. Instead we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes immense pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: a Senior UX Designer who can design simple, yet highly engaging connected product experiences that push the limits of innovation and put the user in focus.
Based in our Frankfurt Design Studio, you will join our newly founded team of designers who work across physical, digital and spatial product domains. You’ll also be accompanied by a global team of colleagues from Star locations and clients from around the world— together you will have the opportunity to create industry-defining products.
In particular, we are looking for someone with experience in FinTech. As Senior UX Designer, FinTech you’ll work with our clients to create breakthrough, seamless and value-driven digital finance experiences leveraging the latest tools and technologies.
- Facilitate engaging co-creative workshops (virtually or in-person) with clients and team members to build consensus and enable next steps;
- Conduct user research (remotely and in the field) to identify key insights and concrete opportunity spaces to inspire innovative concepts and human-centered solutions;
- Compose relevant user stories and derive effective user flows;
- Visualise use case scenarios that engage and inspire clients and potential users;
- Create robust interface concepts that are intuitive and delightful in use, while taking usage context, accessibility, UI conventions and technology into account;
- Compose iterative design prototypes on various fidelity levels to validate hypotheses with end users through formative and summative assessment;
- Provide scalable UI specifications for engineering teams and assist during the implementation;
- Leverage state-of-the-art UX design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision to ideate and execute visionary concepts;
- Share your knowledge on design methods, tools and trends with the rest of the team.
- An academic background (bachelor’s or master’s degree) in the field of Service Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, UX Design or another relevant program;
- 4-8 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams and guiding small teams of junior team members;
- Professional written and spoken English;
- An intrinsic motivation to challenge the status-quo and ability to think analytically and cross-pollinate ideas to create novel solutions;
- Passion for human-centered design as a means to problem-solving;
- Empathy for the people you work with and the people you design for;
- Energy and enthusiasm for all groundbreaking work you do at Star.
- Comfort with ambiguity and complexity of a given challenge;
- Cross-functional team experience particularly in join collaborations on successful client-facing projects;
- Experience working on complex financial software. This could be digital solutions for retail banking, direct trading, omnichannel payment systems digital loans, investments/insurance management, or similar;
- Experience in the FinTech industry.
Nice to have:
- Intermediate or above German language proficiency;
- Experience in other key Star business and technology domains: Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, Industry & Manufacturing or Consumer Electronics;
- Experience working within agile software development teams.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.