At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Our client is an innovative company that builds a software and payment solution for businesses of all types, from restaurants to retail businesses and the service industry. The platform offers end-to-end digital solutions that make running and growing a business very easy. In a nutshell, the list of services that the platform has includes, but is not limited to, advanced reporting system, online appointment booking, loyalty program management, tools to collect customer information, track of customer reviews, creation of websites, companion mobile app, online ordering for restaurants, payroll processing and more.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-End Engineer;
- Experience with TypeScript, Redux, Redux-Saga;
- Unit testing (Jest, Mocha etc.);
- Experience in writing semantic HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less;
- An expert in developing against RESTful APIs;
- Understanding of app/browser performance;
- Intermediate spoken and written English;
- Understanding of CI concepts;
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM principles;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and related fields;
- People-oriented and a team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers;
- Familiarity with node.js or any other back-end language is a plus.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.