Star is a rapidly growing leader in the fields of strategy, design and engineering. Over the last 10 years, our global teams have brought over 500 new products to market, that are impacting the lives of over 500m users.
We’re looking for an execution-oriented Global Practice Lead – FinTech to lead our growth in the UK. Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, you will be experienced with, and passionate about, supporting clients to transform through strategy, design, and technology. You will be an up-to-date technology leader that can empathize with, and lead clients through the product development challenges that startups and innovation-driven corporations face. You should have experience with either selling or delivering technology/consulting services. Ultimately, you should be passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape deals that meet our clients’ needs and that leverage our unique value proposition.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering or consulting services within FinTech industry
- Sales hunter experience with a strong ability to identify and open new accounts
- Demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process autonomously – from lead generation to closing deals and developing client relationships
- Proven ability to close deals and meet quota objectives – we expect you to provide details of quota achievements
- Fluent spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up
- Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies
- Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network
As a Global Practice Lead at Star, you are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the sales cycle:
- Set and deliver on the commercial strategy for your territory/practice
- Generate leads from industry and networking events, working with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support
- Nurture your leads, whether they originate from your efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team
- Identify and prioritize opportunities, and collaborate with our pre-sales team to create winning proposals
- Manage client relationships, and work closely with project managers to ensure client satisfaction and to develop additional business
- Own your sales funnel, ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become deals and repeat customers
- Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities