You will be an essential part of the Star Data Science practice and will work closely with many different clients across the business. With the use of machine learning and advanced analytics, you will contribute to the success of the business and help translate vision into actionable output.
Your responsibilities will include contributing to strategy and roadmap planning for Data Science practice. Taking part in client and prospective client meetings and workshops. Investigating client requests and problems, analyzing options and proposing solutions. You will be leading projects, and managing and supporting other members of the team.
- The individual will be an independent-thinking technical generalist with 8+ years of professional experience in data driven projects
- 2+ years of strong client-facing experience and the ability to understand client challenges and articulate solutions.
- 5+ years of commercial development experience and be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java).
- Hands-on experience with classic machine learning (linear models and clustering) and deep learning (keras, pytorch) toolsets, and running ML models in production environments.
- Experience in a leadership or mentoring role
- Familiarity with at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Great presentation skills and have the ability to tell a story through data and explain technical concepts to senior management.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
Nice to have experience with:
- BI tools (Tableau, QuickSight)
- BigData stack (EMR, Hadoop, Spark)
- ETL pipelines (Glue, NiFi, Airflow)
- Data Security Compliance (GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS)
Compensation and benefits
Star offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexible working hours, and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex the technology-based business journey. Our strategists, designers and engineers create useful, scalable technology products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.