We are looking for our Director of Planning who will be a key business partner to the Star Executive Team. We expect you to run the monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting process, to define and develop corporate-wide policies, guidelines, and controls, drive their adoption within stakeholders, and anticipate the need for policy updates and design concepts to disable root causes. You will anticipate and integrate multiple stakeholders, strategic business goals and financial objectives, make recommendations for the Executive Team as well as recognize and anticipate financial trends and their implications on responsible processes/functions.
- University degree or similar education;
- 7+ years of experience working in finance functions within global consulting and/or engineering businesses;
- The ability to provide an independent perspective and to constructively challenge the commercial and operations teams, ensuring that business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria;
- A strong ability to constantly learn and develop skills;
- High confidence in any environment and strong communication skills;
- A very good listener – not only verbal listening skills but an understanding of all sides of a message;
- Strategic thinking approach;
- Fluently spoken and written English.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of Star with respect to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts;
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of our organization;
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion;
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team;
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by the group as well as forecast vs. budget;
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability;
- Explore new investment opportunities including M&A and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
Star is a global technology company that connects strategy, design, and engineering services and helps companies to accelerate their product innovation. We support our customers every step of the co-creation way — from ideation and concept crafting to full-stack development and putting solutions into the hands and minds of end-users.
Star works for businesses in a variety of industries, including Automotive & Mobility, Health & Wellness, FinTech, and others.
Customers include Panasonic, Lotus, Zeiss, NIO, and Lufthansa.
Compensations and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working, and unique international travel opportunities.