Our mission is to bring facility management services to a new level by providing smart recommendations regarding space utilization effectiveness. We help companies, who care about their employees and business guests, to improve comfort and productivity of their facilities using the power of a dynamic and continuously enhanced technology.
The product was born out of an internal R&D activity at Star in 2018, and since then, it developed into a state-of-the-art solution for workspace monitoring, management and analytics. Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision are at the heart of our product concept (and in our case, they are not just a set of buzzwords).
As Head of Product, you will lead the product roadmap definition and product implementation with a focus on bridging the product vision, Go To Market strategy and actual execution. You will also shape product vision, contribute to marketing and sales planning and work alongside sales, marketing and development teams to ensure overall product success.
You will report to the CTO at Star and will collaborate directly with Star executive sponsors of the product.
Locations: US – Bay Area, UK – London, DE – Munich, UA – Kyiv
We are looking for someone who excels in four key competencies: Strategy, Execution, Communication and Culture.
Strategy & Business Development
- Sharpen the product vision and strategy
- Define product goals and business priorities
- Monitor competitive landscape and identify beneficial product niches
- Shape the business model, validate it and adjust if necessary
- Provide input for product branding and marketing
- Define pricing and competitive positioning
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members and other stakeholders
- Drive strategic prioritization decisions, product planning and discovery
- Validate new product ideas via experiments and customer discovery
- Create strong business cases to support sales and marketing
- Align key stakeholders around the product strategy and priorities
- Engage the team and get everyone moving in the same direction.
- Build and nurture strong product culture
- Focus on rapid learning and effective collaboration
Hard and Soft Skills
Some of the skills that will help you succeed in this position:
- Knowledge of product markets, segmentation, monetization strategies, how to derive optimal features and effective go-to-market strategies;
- Experience with supporting sales and business development activities as a product leader;
- Knowledge of product life-cycle and underlying product management practices, including customer development and user research;
- Knowledge of customer experience approaches and an ability to develop customer-centric solutions;
- Strong experience with stakeholder- and customer- interaction with excellent presentation skills and proven ability to build relationships on different levels (public events, focus groups, events facilitation, business negotiations, trusted partnership, etc);
- Practical experience of effective collaboration in a multicultural environment – building trust with various team members as well as working with distributed virtual teams.
What’s in it for you
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial product leader who wants to apply practical knowledge and skills to build an innovative product from scratch.
You will have a lot of freedom to do the work your way, while also having strong support from the founders and the brightest minds of Star organization.
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment. You will find professional flexibility, new ways of working and unique international travel opportunities.