We are looking for a highly motivated inside sales expert to accelerate new business development in Japan.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
Are you passionate about hunting and making new connections? Do you enjoy finding new ways to connect with people and build lasting relations? If the answer is yes, then keep on reading! We are looking for a passionate and target-oriented individual to join Star's Sales team. Working closely with the local Japan team and a global team of experts across various disciplines, you will be responsible for accelerating new business development and generating the sales pipeline through outbound and inbound activities across the Japanese market.
You will work closely with Star Industry teams to identify core sub-markets, target companies, and channel strategies to drive prominent results.
In return, you will have an opportunity to kick-start your career within a sales organization and be part of a highly successful company.
This role, in one sentence: a person with a hunter mindset, who is passionate about sales and has strong communication skills!
Qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years experience in sales, business development, marketing (any role);
- Experience conducting introductory/qualification calls with prospects;
- Previous experience in sales, business development, marketing (any role);
- B2B outbound/inbound or related customer-facing experience in a tech/software company;
- Fluent in English, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Friendly and comfortable on the phone (you will be talking to prospects a lot);
- A solid understanding of sales prospecting and lead generation techniques;
- Experience with CRM systems, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Sales Automation tools (Outreach, SalesLoft etc);
- Sales-driven with a strong will to succeed, adaptable to working in fast-paced environments, and reaching deadlines/targets;
- You shine under pressure and you are a team player;
- A self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
Nice to have:
- Consulting experience;
- Presentation skills.
- Identify target companies based on GTM strategy and value prop of core Industries;
- Conduct outreach, including improvement of existing template sequences;
- Generate high quality opportunities by conducting cold outreach;
- Process and qualify inbound/outbound leads by making effective sales pitches;
- Discover customers' needs and identify sales opportunities;
- Execute nurturing campaigns including reactivation;
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing teams in the creation of messaging and outreach strategy;
- Create and maintain a database of potential customers including top targets within each Star Industry;
- Achieve monthly sales targets;
- Be proactive and generate ideas to drive Japanese business;
- Contribute to shaping Japanese GTM strategies and plans.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.