Do you see yourself as the one who acts as a liaison between our marketing and sales teams? Then this role might be the right career step for you!
As an Inside Sales Representative at Star, you will play an important role as we continue to build out the sales engine to support our fast-growing business. Your primary focus will be to structure and drive both inbound and outbound efforts to identify new customers, opportunities, and revenue.
You will work closely with the sales team to support campaigns, manage the lead flow, qualify buying-interest, and cultivate opportunities with potential customers. The Inside Sales Representative often has the initial (and therefore most important!) opportunity to make an impression on a prospect.
You will be responsible for ensuring a positive experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-ups. Driving excitement, creativity, and relationship-building with every customer is crucial. In return, you will have an opportunity to kick-start your career within sales and/or marketing being part of a highly successful company within the world of design, engineering, and consulting services.
- Fluent in Japanese (native level) and English with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and comfortable on the phone
- Basic understanding of / experience with CRM systems
- Basic understanding of Marketing and Branding
- Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision-makers and determine buying processes
- Negotiation skills with the ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
Nice to have:
- Outbound/Inbound, business-to-business, phone/e-mail, marketing or sales experience preferred
- B2B marketing experience in Japan
- Strong understanding of LinkedIn, LinkedIn Navigator
- Higher education preferred
- Call warm leads that have been generated through inbound and outbound channels, qualify buying-interest for further sales engagement
- Conduct market research using Star’s internal tools, databases, and internet tools to identify relevant companies and contacts for outreach
- Conduct cold and warm outreach including outbound email and phone communications with the goal of setting qualified meetings/calls for a Sales Executive
- Support and attend sales events
- Maintain the Star Salesforce database (CRM)
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing in the creation of messaging and ancillary materials for lead generation activities
- Work closely with all Inside Sales team members for ongoing mentorship, training, and knowledge sharing
- Provide research as needed in collaboration with the sales organization on the account, contact, and lead levels
Star is a global consultancy that connects strategy, design, engineering and marketing services into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way – no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our strategists, designers and engineers to create useful, scalable products and solutions. We are 750 strategists, designers, engineers, and marketers in 12 locations around the world, and we are here to make every great idea, every great person and every great company shine. That is why we’re called Star.
Compensation and Benefits
Star offers a competitive and rewarding salary and benefits package, as well as an intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment, flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities